Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hopes for Service

"You must look within for value, but must look beyond for perspective."
-Denis Waitley 

My hopes for this service learning opportunity is that a new perspective is gained. I hope that I learn something about another culture that I have not yet known. I also hope to learn something about myself and how I approach new and exciting situations. I will be put in positions that I am not familiar with, with people that I am not familiar with. These families from World Relief are going through the same kind of scenario and here and within this context I hope to better identify myself and understand the simultaneous excitement and apprehension that these families face when they come to establish their new homes in the United States. 

As mentioned before I will be working with a group of students through World Relief. This is an organization who helps assist refugees and their families get back on their feet in a new country, and in this case the United States. It will be interesting to see exactly what this experience has to hold, but I am certain it will be like nothing like anything I have encountered before, and I truly look forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment